To our valued customers,
As the country continues to grapple with the realities of reopening the economy in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to change our operations to better serve you. We measure our success by balancing safety against meeting your needs. Every decision we make about our service takes staff and customer health into consideration. Here are our exciting new changes. We believe you will like them:
- Front-Door Pick Up is available from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm Mondays – Saturdays. PLEASE NOTE: Front-Door Pick Up is only available for paid orders made through our website or over the phone. We cannot entertain additional requests when you come pick up your packages. A high volume of internet and phone orders combined with a reduced staff limit our ability to provide any additional service to you at this time. Please come ready to pick up your paid order. Wear a mask.
- Our phone is open. We are answering phone calls for orders Monday-Saturday from 11:00 am –2:00 pm only. We are checking the voicemail, too. Please call us at our special number: 847-446-8979 to speak with a bookseller. To help us serve you better, be prepared with titles, authors, and payment information when you call.
- We are ready to provide recommendations. In order to keep our booksellers busy pulling titles off of our shelves and packing them up for you, we have created a dedicated e-mail address for those of you in need of recommendations. Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. HINT: Send us three titles you recently read and loved, and we will be able to forward you a list of great reads, all available from our website.
In addition to the above measures, we are providing three fulfillment options for your orders:
- FRONT-DOOR PICK UP—FREE! Please wait for us to tell you when your items are ready. Many orders will require your book to be shipped to us before they are made available to you. Depending on the titles requested, in-store pick up could range from a same-day service up to 7-10 business days. We appreciate your patience and politely request that you allow us the time it takes to handle all orders with care.
- LOCAL DELIVERY. $4.00 flat fee. As your titles are available to us through special orders or directly from our shelves, we can coordinate a home delivery to addresses in the following areas: Winnetka, Wilmette, Kenilworth, Northfield, Glencoe, Highland Park, Glenview, and Evanston. Please be patient with us, depending on the titles requested, delivery service could take from anywhere between 48 hours to 7-10 business days.
- SHIPPING. We continue to provide shipping at our reduced cost of $6.50 for the first title and $.50 for each additional title. Most items arrive to addresses within 7 business days.
Your support and willingness to work with us during these challenging times warms our hearts. We love being your neighborhood bookstore. We miss doing what we love—inviting you into our space for conversations about books, art, the community, your lives. Until our reopening, please continue to use our services to access your books. Your choice to support us now will help us continue our dedication to you into the future.
Please consider ordering Book Stall Gift Cards to show your support. They make wonderful gifts and can be redeemed on all online orders.
We look forward to welcoming you back into the store as soon as it is safe to do so. In the meantime, stay strong and happy reading!